Sunday 15 May 2011

Models Own Red Red Wine

So I've been busy revising for my exams and haven't really had time to do anything as exciting as the pink leopard print mani again, so I soaked off my acrylics on Saturday night and changed them for new ones and decided to paint them with a colour I got for my birthday last month. Red Red Wine from Models Own is a really deep red colour, so red it looks almost brown in the bottle so I wasn't very excited when I opened it on my birthday. I should really have taken pictures after each coat because it doesn't really start out looking like this. When you put the first coat on it looks like a really bright blood red colour which surprised me! However, it does take quite a few coats to get the colour to even out, 3 or 4 maybe, and then it gets a lot darker with every coat added. 
The first picture most accurately shows how dark it is when not under a light source, and the second shows how red it can look under bright light. The longer I wear this colour the more I like how much of a sexy dark red it is, and although it requires a lot of coats, it dries really quite fast. I didn't even bother putting my usual fast dry top coat on, it stays relatively shiny as well!

I really do like this colour and although the pictures aren't great I think it shows how different it can look under different lights. As I'm typing now it is almost as dark as my keyboard, but under bright lights or outside the red really shows. Can't say much more as I have an exam in just less than 8 hours that I need to get a bit more revision done for, and then I have another on Thursday morning so I'm not sure I'll have anything good for you until the end of the week but I'll try and squeeze something in as one of my friends has already said how plain this manicure is for me! Cat xox

No comments:

Post a Comment